HOUSTON, TX – NorthStar Memorial Group has announced the acquisition of Maryland-based Resthaven Funeral Home & Crematory, Inc., and Resthaven Memorial Gardens.
Located in Frederick, Maryland, about an hour from both Baltimore and Washington, D.C., Resthaven serves families throughout the area and remains under the leadership of General Manager Skkot Cody, founder of the funeral home.
“We’re excited to be part of an established, forward-thinking company who remains steadfast in their commitment to care for families above all else,” says Cody. “NorthStar provides us with the backing and support we need to continue to provide families with the exceptional service our families have come to expect.”
Resthaven was founded as a cemetery in 1961 as the first multi-faith cemetery in the area. Today, they provide families with the unique ability to receive complete care at one location, as one of only a handful of locations in Maryland with a funeral home, crematory and cemetery on site.
Resthaven has continued to grow since its beginning and today serves families of all faiths and cultures, offering:
- 90 acres of perpetual-care cemetery space with access to the Monocacy River.
- More than 17 traditional burial and cremation gardens, several mausoleums and columbariums.
- Full-service funeral home services with an indoor chapel.
- Full-service, onsite crematory that ensures loved ones remain within our care throughout the process; along with comprehensive cremation memorialization options.
- Planning services to put arrangements in place ahead of time to save families money while helping to ease some of the emotional strain at the time of loss.
- Around-the-clock care for families in need with a dedicated team always available to answer questions, provide support and bring loved ones into their care– day or night, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
“Resthaven has clearly earned the trust of the families they serve and stands as a pillar of the community since its founding,” says Mark Gilmore, NorthStar’s vice president of operations. “We welcome them to the NorthStar family and look forward to providing them the support they need to continue to compassionately serve and guide families through some of the hardest times of their lives.”